Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atomation compare a date to today's date

Deleted user January 8, 2021

Hi everyone,

I would like to create an automation: when the "start date" field is equal to today, automatically go to the next state of the workflow.

Can you help me?

Liza 

2 answers

2 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

You have a few options there.

You will probably have  to use a Scheduled automation to check every x hours but then you can use a JQL like:

startdatefield >= startOfDay()

OR

startdatefield >=now()

it kinda depends on where you want the "now" to be

Salut  @Dirk Ronsmans 

Merci à toi!

Je pense que "maintenant" est la date et l'heure? Je veux juste le jour.

Je voudrais compléter cette fenêtre mais il n'est pas possible de commencer une règle en comparant un champs avec une valeur

Capture d’écran 2021-01-08 à 14.19.47.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

Hi/Bonjour @[deleted] , 

it might be easier to use a "JQL Condition" component for this step than a "Advanced Compare condition", it gives you a bit more freedom.

In that condition you can specify the JQL startdatefield >= startOfDay()

StartOfDay would be jus the day (or at least 00:00 in hours) so that should match your requirement.

The condition component that you are configuring expects smart values https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-general/

That also works but a bit trickier maybe.

You could put {{issue.startdatefieldname}} equals 

and then set a dataformat on the {{now}} function https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-date-and-time-functions/

As it can get tricky with the dateformatting the JQL is usually easier and not that much more of a performance hit. If it does happen to be super slow for some reason we can revisit of course.

1 vote
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

@[deleted] 

You can add a trigger as when a filed changed -> select field as start date

add a condition as if issue matches JQL "Start date" =startOfDay()

Then action as transition issue to -> select a status

Please find the screenshot bellow for the reference.

kindly accept the answer if this is helpful!!

jql2.png

In fact I add condition in transition in workflow. I will try with starOfDay()

Capture d’écran 2021-01-08 à 14.56.49.png

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

I think you may have understood "condition" incorrectly.

A condition is when this status transition may occur. So even if someone wants to do this manually they cannot do this unless the rule is true. This is not an automation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events