Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At the Jira customer service desk, customers that we add to the system do not receive e-mail.

Tuğba Yıldızhan February 8, 2021

How do I get the customers receive e-mail when I added them in the Jira Customer  Service Desk ? 

Project settings->Cutomer notification-> customer invitation mail is enable.

Ekran Resmi 2021-02-09 10.02.15.png

I will be glad if you help

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2021

Hello @Tuğba Yıldızhan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When the Customer invited notification is enabled, customers invited to a project should receive a notification.

I can see that you are using a Free site, so it’s important to confirm if the limit of 100 notifications per day was not exceeded.

If that’s not the case, is it happening to all customers invited to the project?

If their email is from a custom domain, it’s important that their IT manager whitelist our domains and IPs to make sure that nothing is blocked on their side.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Tuğba Yıldızhan February 11, 2021

Hello Angélica,

I think it is not about the notifications limit.

We sent invitation to  different customer and also I  added myself like a customer but it did not work . Neither customers nor I could receive mail.

Thank you 

Tuğba

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Tuğba Yıldızhan,

Are these customers already added to another service project?

If so, it’s expected that they receive only the first invitation. If they already have access to the customer portal, they won’t receive new invites.

The invitation is only for customers that never logged in to the portal, so they can finish their registration to create a password. 

Regarding your account, as you are already an agent, you have access to the portal, so you won’t receive the invite.

Tuğba Yıldızhan February 19, 2021

Hi Angélica;

Last we tried to add someone who has never been added as a customer before. But still no mail. Is there a different solution for this issue?

Thank you 

Tuğba 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2021

Thank you for the details, Tuğba.

I checked the logs from your site from February 8  to 20 and filtered them by invitation only. Only the email address dxxxn.kxxxxn@exxexxl.com there was bounce, which I already removed.

All other invitations show as delivered. Below are some examples:

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 12.05.35.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.55.19.png

Feel free to share with us the email address, changing some letters to “X” as I did on the one above, so we can search here, but since the day this question was posted, the invitations were delivered.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events