cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associate Portal Customer with Jira Insight Objects through Import Process

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2022

Hi All,

I thought this was an impossible task for the last couple of months whilst building my site and thought I was going to have to manually associate Portal Customers with nearly 1000 objects, but today I discovered you can use the CSV import process.

This saved me hours of work!

Purpose: Associate Portal Customer with Jira Insight Objects through Import Process

Use: I use this in conjunction with custom fields called Site and Manager to show where the reporter is located and their manager if I need to contact them on the ticket. The portal customer/reporter needs to be linked to the Insight Object in order to show the value on the ticket. We don't have Atlassian Access so I've had to create an Employee Object Schema to achieve this.

Here's how I did it....

To find the Customer ID/Username of all customers:

1. Go to Atlassian Administration portal
  2. Select your site
  3. Go to Products
  4. Under Sites and Products, select your site
  5. Select Portal Customers
  6. Click Export Customers

This exports in a CSV. The first column called username is effectively the ID. It looks like this and is unique to each customer:

qm:4e8fa7c5-0f86-49a1-8cd1-6f12e0e8b4d9:f54b6785-eec8-4620-867c-b4be6a61191d

This is what you enter into your CSV when importing your insight objects.

As an example, I have two attributes associated to my object type. Both of these attributes type is set as User (which is Servicedesk User or Portal Customer).

One attribute is the Managers "Customer Record" (user record field in screenshot). This is a single customer linked to one object.

The other attribute is the "Manager Of Customers" (Manager of user field in screenshot). This is multiple customers linked to one object. When you have multiple customers, just insert || between the two identifiers, like shown below in your CSV.

Capture.JPG

Once imported, it shows like this:

Capture.JPG

Cheers,

Suzi

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events