Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assist for Service Management <> Slack connection is not recognising the triage channel

Anton von Borries May 25, 2022

We're using the Slack Assist app to connect our Service Management account with a triage and multiple request channels. 

However, it looks like the triage channel is not being recognised after initial set-up preventing us from adding request channels. I can add the Assist app to a private channel and get a notification that the triage channel has been set up correctly (I also see it show up under the Chat config in the Service Management JIRA project settings). 

However when then adding Assist to a public channel to add a request channel I get the following message: 

"Whoops! Public channels cannot be used as your first triage channel. Please /add @Assist to a private channel first to continue your onboarding process!".

Has anyone seen this issue before? A couple of potential issues come to mind: 

* We set up the original triage channel a while ago, do the triage and request channels have to be added around the same time?

* Someone else in my organisation started with the set-up of the original triage channel. Does triage & request channel have to be added by the same person?

Either way, find it strange that we can see the triage channel listed under the Chat Project Settings on the JSM project correctly (and requests get posted into that Slack channel), but when adding request channels we get the No triage channel error.

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Marszalec January 19, 2023

did you fix this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS