Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning an Insight object type value in an automation rule by choosing it as a field

Elif Meriç August 3, 2022

I am trying to create an automation rule to create automatic tasks monthly. Also, I have an Insight object type named "Assigned Group", and the teams are defined in this object type. I chose Assigned Group field in my automation to assign an Assigned Group value to my automatically created task. I wrote the IQL to assign a group value in this field, but it does not work. For example, I have Assigned Group objects like "Network", "System" etc. and I want to assign "Network" group to this task. Then when I check the created task, it shows as "None" even though I type the IQL. I guess there is a problem in IQL syntax. How can I solve this problem?

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 4, 2022

HI, @Elif Meriç !

If you`re ok with Jira plugins, try out Business Process Manager add-on. My team has developed It to automate business processes in Jira. So, BPM allows creating Issues by schedule

image.png

Also, you can assign the issue to the user(s)/group of users automatically and track on the performance

Elif Meriç August 10, 2022

Hi, @Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet , thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, I cannot use Jira plugins, is there any way to do this the way I said?

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2022

Hi @Elif Meriç 

I guess IQL will be sth like: "Name" IN ("Network")

Can you please share your IQL & sample asset screenshot to understand the error?

Also, you can check "Audit Log" in automation for further details.

Elif Meriç August 3, 2022

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz thanks for the answer.

I tried the IQL as you said, but it still does not work.
As in the photo below, its value is still None, but it should be like Network. photo.PNG
In the audit log, the status is success and there is no error message. 

I have tried various IQL so far:
Name LIKE "Network"
Name=${"Assigned Group"."Network"}
Name=${"Network"}
Name IS "Network"
etc. but still there is no change.

Here the "Assigned Group" object type in Insight (the objects are under the Name attribute):

Assigned Group
  -Backup
  -System
  -Network
  -Security

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events