Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Articles to Categories Service Desk

Brian Peters January 17, 2020

Hi,

New here. I am having trouble assigning articles to a category in the service desk interface. It seems to only pull the first 50 results and I have more than 50. One workaround is that I can open the article and JIRA will then place that one on top of the results in the Add Article screen. Any better ideas?

Also, I am having trouble adding article to a category that contains 50 articles. It keeps erroring out on me and telling me to try again.

It seems as though JIRA has a limit of 50 on these artifacts and categories. Any help would be appreciated. 

2 answers

0 votes
Brian Peters January 17, 2020

@Mike Bowen - certainly an option; however, an article can and should be able to be part of multiple categories to account for how others might navigate the KB. 

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

Totally agree! 

On a separate note given how many articles you've said you have, what do you think of the page size (do you have articles with images) and the limits that are set on them?

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

Hi @Brian Peters 

Why don't you define better categories and spread the articles across them? 

I am sure if you reached out to Atlassian Support they could extend the limit on the categories for you. 

I am aware of limits on certain things (such as SLA rules, Queues etc.) and it is possible this is another one. 

Kind regards,

Mike 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events