Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article changes not saved

Laura Sands April 16, 2021

I edited an article for my knowledge base, on Confluence, the other day. I closed it after working on it for several hours (over a couple of days). My save interval is set to 30 seconds. To note, I published other articles that day with no trouble with the changes. 

I was using Chrome. 

I'm so frustrated that I've lost all that work because, apparently, the auto-save failed and using the Close button still failed (since it's supposed to be "save and close").

Here are the steps:

1. Edited an existing, previously published article.
  2. Kept the page open for many hours, over a couple of days.
  3. Clicked the "Close" button to close the article (hoping to keep unpublished changes).
  4. Re-opened the article. Found that none of the recent changes were saved. It shows Unpublished Changes, but not the recent ones.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

@Laura Sands 

You will need to click on publish to actually save the changes and make them visible to others.  When you close the document it does save the document so when you return it will allow you to pickup where you left off.  If you left it open making changes without closing the document for several days my guess is the session timed out so that is why it did not save.  I would make sure that you close the document whenever you are going to step away.  Did you check in your page history to see if a version you published was there?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events