Are service desk customers auto-created in People when they first access the portal?

Jim Stewart December 17, 2020

We noticed that had hit our limit of agents who handle issues. (100). But in looking in the Help desk project under People, I see about 20 or so people listed as service desk team which I was led (internally) to believe were the only ones who counted against our license.

Now if I count everybody (Administrators, Developers, Service Desk Customers, Service Desk Team) it comes up to maybe 37. Now, there are four help desks with pretty much the same 37 people in the same mix listed on each one. 

Is that how we're getting to 100? That if say, Joe Jones is agent in four help desks he's counted four times? If not, I'm puzzled as to how we get to 100. Or how we determine who is and is not an agent. 

JSM.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Jim Stewart 

You can go to "User Management" when you click on the cog wheel in the upper right hand corner:

image.png

Then click on the "Product Access" menu in the left menu tree. There you can see which users are in which groups:

image.png 

I only have one in each case here. I.e. you click on the "1 user" to see the list.

No, if you have four projects in your JSM instance and Joe Jones has access to each, then he is only counted as one license.

HTH,
KGM

Ok. That's kinda what I initially thought. So what does the 'People' choice under Project Settings reflect? 

Geoff Mether _Togetha Group_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

@Jim Stewart the People in project shows the project roles and people/groups assigned to those project roles.  

Gotcha

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events