Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvers added twice to an issue

Col Robins February 20, 2019

I have an usual issue. I have an automation which populates the 'approvers' based on what is selected in a custom field. While not occurring often, our issue is that a couple of times recently it has added the approval to the issue twice. This removes any approve button and means no one can approve the issue. Is this a known bug or is there something that may be causing this? In the absence of a screen shot, looks like this: <p>Approvals <p> Waiting for approval 1 approval needed <p> Joe Bloggs <p> Bloe Joggs <p> Waiting for approval 1 approval needed <p> Joe Bloggs Bloe Joggs <p> Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks, Rob

2 answers

0 votes
Tobias May 19, 2021

I have the same issue. Any ideas why this happens? Although I'm the approver I'm not able to approve the issue. Also adding other approvers to this field does not help. No one can approve this issue.

Strange enough, not every issue has this problem. Many issues work just fine.

2021-05-19 13_25_47.png

I've also found [JSDSERVER-5800] Duplicate Approvals stops users from approving issues - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

This might be applicable to me, as I'm also setting the approvers through Automation. I'll check into this.

0 votes
Cornelia October 2, 2019

Same over here, and I also can't reproduce it. Also if I move the Issue to a requesttype without approval and back to one with Approval, it still happens. The only way is to clone the issue and then delete the original one. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events