Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver not receiving email from Jira project

Tom Williams May 26, 2021

Set the approver field as mandatory which worked for making sure that the approver was selected and worked for a period of time but now the approver is not receiving email messages that there is a change request to approver when they are created.

Checked Office365 quarantine and nothing blocked there.  Had use check their junk folder and also ran message trace for use and found no sign of an email being sent.

As the assigned tech, I get the emails that a new change is present and also when it is completed.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

I had a similar situation happening, and the cause was that when the notification was sent from Jira it bounced, causing the receiving email to be added to Atlassian's bounce list. I have notified the Atlassian Support team that is on here, so hopefully they will be able to help you out.

Tom Williams May 26, 2021

Thank you Mikael!

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

I heard back from Atlassian Support and they could not see any bounces on their end.

You may want to check that the user not receiving the email isn't filtering it, and that the Approval required email hasn't been disabled.

Tom Williams June 4, 2021

I'm seeing that the email messages are being filtered or quarantined.

Where is the setting that would disable Approval required?  Looking but have no t located it yet.

Tom Williams June 4, 2021

I meant "not seeing" that the email messages are being filtered.  Is Atlassian able to see that the messages were actually sent?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events