Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Approver field validation

Hi everyone,

I have setup separate workflows that have 2 step approval steps. One for service requests and another for change management.

I would like to the do the following  in each case:

1. For service requests: The second  approve field is NOT blank AND the person approving is from a small list of people.

2. For change requests: The second  approve field is NOT blank AND the person approving is from a small list of people.

Does anyone have a solution for something similar, or can walk me through how to address this?

Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaurav Community Leader Nov 16, 2021

Hello @Akeem R_ 

Welcome to the Community!!

My understanding of the problem statement, you wish to set up a 2-step approval process for Service and Change requests. After the 1st approval, the approvers are rest and is blank which you want to set up.

If this understanding is correct, then this can be accomplished by setting up the Approvals appropriately. The Approvals can be set to select from the Group field which can contain more than 1 Group and then define it obtains 1 approval from each group.

Also, if you need the SR or CR to go to the 2nd Level Approver only when it has been approved by Level 1, you would need to have separate status in the workflow.

Please refer to the below screenshot.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps.

Configure Approval.JPGWorkflow.JPG

Thank you.

I was able to create a custom field, add the specific people i wanted for the second level approval.

Is there a way to exclude certain Issue type from the approval process?

Not all service requests need to be approved to be fulfilled.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav Community Leader Nov 16, 2021

Hello @Akeem R_ 

The projects in Jira Service Management natively have issue types that cater to both Service Requests with and with Approvals. Kindly check the project setting and while setting the Request Types, you will be able to find both these issue types.

Let me know if you need further guidance on this.

Kindly accept the answer if it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Next level incident management in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community! We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to incident management in Jira Service Management Cloud, in order to give your teams extra muscle during incidents, and ...

1,735 views 21 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you