Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval process and Insight object

Erik Ekengren January 5, 2023

I have a question regarding approvals and insight objects. I have an insight schema that is populated with objects that are permissions for a system. Each one of these objects have an owner that should approve the permission. My goal is to create an approval process where a user applies with from Jira Service Management portal and from an Insight custom field is able to choose all these objects (permissions) that the users want, and then seperate jira tickets is created for all the objects that the user has choosen. 

With such a setup it would be possible to create a form that a user easily can apply for permissions. I know that I could achieve this by simply demand of the user to create several tickets for this but since it could be 20 different permissions it would be much much easier if the user was able to do this from one form and then an auotmation or something splits it into seperate tickets.

I also know that I could have several approvers on the same Jiraticket, however I can not see any options that for example when 4 out of 5 approvers approve the ticket still gets approved but only for the things that are approved. In this case it would need to remove some of the insight objects in the insight custom field, but I don´t think that is possible.

Would be very thankful if someone knows if this is possible to achieve in Data Center. I saw this solution for Cloud Is it possible to create a linked issue per Insigh... (atlassian.com) but that function is implemented in Data Center.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events