Approval email

Vittorio De Julio March 3, 2022

I enabled the notification, the test approve email arrives, but approval does not receive it 

any advice? 

Thank you in advance 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2022

@Vittorio De Julio Welcome to the Atlassian community

How did you setup the approvers?  Did you follow the directions here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-approval-to-a-workflow/

Vittorio De Julio March 7, 2022

Thanks i did not see this article before I will try .

Tom Brown August 1, 2022

Hi @Brant Schroeder I am having a similar problem:

In one of our Service Desk projects approvers are not receiving the approver email and I have checked the following:

• Customer notification for Approvals is enabled and test email successful
  • Approval is configured to status with a valid user picker group etc. which is present on screens for the project and has users added automatically using an automation when the issue is created

The only thing I have questioned after reading the linked article in your previous response is "You can add an approval step to workflows with an associated issue type that is being used by a request type".

The issue type in question is a sub-task type and is not available through the portal i.e. it does not have an associated request type. It is created through a post function only. Could this be causing the problem? The approvals still work by the way it is just the email that is not being sent.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2022

@Tom Brown the issue type sub-type will not have a request type associated with it.  If an issue does not have a request type it will not send an email or be visible in the portal.  

Like Tom Brown likes this
Tom Brown August 4, 2022

Thanks Brant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events