Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approach suggestion for "lend equipment"/"issue desk" needed.

Felix Herzog January 3, 2023

In our IT-Department we have some equipment wie issue to lend few hours or days.

We want to implement a process in JSM to:

- Reserve specific Equipment (and lock the item only for that reservation)

- keep ticket somehow open until due date (then message if it's overdue)

- and of course close it and free the asset.

We have enterprise license so we can use Asset/Insight as well.

Does someone has an approach or maybe example or tutorial to show us? I hope someone here already familiar with such a process so we don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you very much!

2 answers

1 vote
Vilim Berger January 4, 2023

Hi @Felix Herzog

I think it's quite easy to achieve this with Insight. Just add a new status attribute on the equipment objects, for example, Status: ("Free", "In use"). Then configure a custom field for the equipment so other users could choose only equipment that is in status "Free", and then use a post function that will update the status on the selected object regarding task Status.

I've done similar things on many of our processes, and it works like a charm. I hope you'll find this helpful. :)

0 votes
Tom David January 3, 2023

Not a JSM/JSD solution but I faced the same issue about a year ago, the marketplace has some options but they all were lacking for my taste. We ended up using https://snipeitapp.com/, which integrates nicely with Jira. 

You still do most of the work in snipe-it (so you can set email alerts etc) but the integration allows you to link assets from snipe-it to Jira.  I grew to like it a lot, to be honest. but not sure if you have the option/will to manage another app.

Going to watch this thread to see if someone has a better idea for you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events