Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App to confirm that a comment should be to the customer and not internal-only?

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2022

We're planning our migration from self-hosted Service Desk to Jira Service Management (Cloud).

For some of our projects, one of the apps we were using is Doublecheck for Jira Service Management which, when a customer-facing comment is about to be posted, pops up a prompt to confirm that it really should be sent to the customer. Internal comments don't result in a prompt.

Unfortunately, this app is not available for Cloud.

Is anyone aware of an app with similar functionality that is available for Cloud, please?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Philip Colmer 

I don't think such an app exists on cloud. Atlassian doesn't let vendors have control over their environment. It's not the same thing with server. With that said, what I would do as an alternative, is to create two self transitions: one for public comment and one for private comment. On these two transitions I would add a screen transition with the comment field (meaning empty) and I would add two post functions like the one on JMWE:

add comment.png

I know that it's not per se double check, but the transition screen will possibly help your colleagues to think twice before hitting that send button.

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this change, combined with others we are having to deal with as part of the server -> cloud migration, are likely to cause us to start looking at other platforms now.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Ok! If Jira doesn't suit your needs then yes, the best thing is to look for alternates!

AM January 13, 2024

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , thanks for your suggestion.

As a confirmation for customer comments is also key for us, we tried to recreate your suggestion. We have Scriptrunner installed instead of JMWE.

What we did is
1) we created in the workflow a loop transition from a state into the same to which we have added a screen as well as post function to add a comment

2) we added a automation rule that is triggered if a comment is added.

-> However, the screen is not shown but the automation rule is executed.

It would be very helpful if you can specify

1) Can you specify where to create the mentioned two self transitions? In the workflow?
2) What you mean by "screen transition"?

3) Do you know if we can make your suggestion work with Scriptrunner? 

Thanks for your help

Annette

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2022

Hi @Philip Colmer I'm not aware of such an app for Cloud.

I do understand that people sometimes forget or unwillingly make a mistake, but honestly, the difference between a customer facing (public) comment and an internal comment should be basic knowledge for every trained JSM agent in my opinion.

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2022

I appreciate the point you are making but people do make mistakes and DoubleCheck has been a lifesaver in the past from mistakenly posting a comment to the customer instead of internally.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events