Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any templates for email requests

Martin McGovern October 14, 2021

I want to allow user to submit support tickets by email.

I have this working but the whole email content appears in the newly created ticket/request as one body of text under the label Description

Is there any way I can ask the users to format their email requests with labels so that the content submitted ends up in the correct field on the new ticket?

e.g.  We have Summary, Description, ID, User Type, Issue Location fields etc

Thanks,

Martin

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Hi @Martin McGovern ,

Short answer is no. You can't have this out of the box. JSM email handler is configured to get only email's subject which will be used as a summary, and body which will be used as description. Keep in mind that Jira only needs a summary to create an issue.

Having said that, you could potentially customize an email which all users should use according to strict instructions, and then you can create automation to get the appropriate values from the email's body and place them to the right fields.

Another solution would be to search the marketplace for email handler apps, which may do what you want. To be honest, I haven't try any of these apps and can't tell you more about them.

Martin McGovern October 14, 2021

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the prompt reply. A bit disappointing from Jira.

I was hoping that the User could format their email request like:

[Description] Blah blah

[ID] EA8171628299ER

[User Type] Branch User

[Issue Location] iOS

etc.

Thanks again

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2021

Kindly mark this answer as accepted, in order to help other people in the community to find the right answers. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events