Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea why i am getting error while turning on email support

CS-L3 August 12, 2020

Any idea why i am getting error while turning on email support under project setting?

JSON:parse:unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2020

Hello @CS-L3,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I saw the screenshot on the other thread. To fix this issue, it's necessary to select a request type that has only Summary and Description as required.

Please, go to Project settings > Request types > Edit fields (for the request type you want to use in the email channel) > Request form.

Please, make sure to let all other fields "not required".

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 18.10.19.png

After that, go to Project settings > Email requests > … > Configure email request types and select one that has only the summary and description as required.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 18.17.43.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,
Angélica

CS-L3 August 19, 2020

jira_screen.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2020

Thank you for the screenshot @CS-L3.

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know if this is a brand new project or if it was migrated from another Cloud or Server site.

Are you facing this issue on other projects?

If there are no other Service Desk projects, can you create a new one in order to test?

Usually, when enabling the email channel, it will be the project key + the site URL, in your case it would be ht@domain.atlassian.net. Can you please check if there are no other projects using this email?

If so, can you edit and add other information and then try to enable it on the project HT again?

CS-L3 September 7, 2020

Thanks for your response. The email does not exist. I get the same problem if i create a new project. So i would imagine that something has gone wrong globally. I tried creating new project and the same issue existed there as well.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 9, 2020

Thank you for testing, @CS-L3.

Can you please open the developer tools on your browser and check on the console if it will show a different error when you try to turn on the email requests?

Please, send us a screenshot of the errors.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events