Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Alternate way to link duplicates as an automation rule

Edited

Does anyone know if duplicate issues can be identified using Advanced Branching that requires a smart value or am I off track?? Here is what I have but not working. I'm not sure of where the smart value fits in mainline or branch? Process: if {reporterEmail} matches with {issue.reporter.emailAddress} and issue regex {triggerTraceback} with {issue.description.match("")} then Link. Any help appreciated.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 3.56.57 PM.png

2 answers

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar Community Leader Nov 28, 2021

Hi @Robert Munoz ,

This is an interesting use case!

I have not tried anything similar before, but I think I would try:

• compare with issues created in the last 7 days or so
  • matching the same Reporter
  • with the same Summary length
  • with the same Description length

Probabilistically, the chances that such a rule ended up linking two non-duplicated issues is very low and is likely to perform better than comparing word by word.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for the advice @Ignacio Pulgar  I haven't determined a distinction between the two branch options Advanced Branching and Branch Rule and whether I can find duplicate links using automation with some other branching option (say JQL or issue.description.match() for instance) without using the Branch Rule/Similar Issue description slider. I'm going to continue to pursue the idea of using key word identification in the description field of the issue since we have several use cases where it would be helpful. 

That being said. I have an audit snap shot showing the the keyword search is picking up but I think I'm matching the trigger issue with itself instead of matching all issues in the branch. 

AuditLogDupes.png

I seem to have answered my own question of linking with the use of the Similar Description Slider. However, when I add a Transition Issue to 'Done' (or 'Canceled') only the last linked issue is shown. Anyone know why that happens? If all issue status' are left as-is, the links are all shown linked to the most recent issue. Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 2.11.58 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

741 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you