Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow users to download asset from the portal

Pierre Schuhl April 1, 2021

Hi, 

My support team tells me there is no way we can add software update capabilities to our customer support portal, managed by JIRA Service Management.

I am pretty sure it is feasible, but struggle to find relevant information for this. Am I being- crazy to think this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Hi Pierre,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Can you elaborate on software update capabilities, what do you mean with that?

If an agent adds an attachment to a customer facing comment that user will be able to download it. But I'm thinking that's not what you're looking for?

Pierre Schuhl April 1, 2021

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for coming back to me.

Our support team use Service Desk to create ticketing and providegive access to an FAQ via a customer-accessible portal.

I would love to add a download capability to this portal, and provide my customers with user-guides as well as software updates : they could thus download plugins, add-ons, patches or updates.

Is it clearer to you ?

Like Charlie Misonne likes this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is not somethig you can do with Jira alone. The customer portal is an entry point for users to create new tickets and view their existing tickets.

You can not add much to the portal except for an announcement, and another short text message. Especially on Jira Cloud there aren't many customization options available.

You could (if you haven't already) link the customer portal to a Confluence knowledge base. In the Knowledge Base the agents can create documentation/ FAQ pages. They could add links to those pages for users to download the files.
However: I would not recommend storing the actual assets on Confluence, but you can link to them.

They way users will access those "KB" pages is by searching for the content in the search bar or by getting suggested results when creating a ticket.

A tutorial for this setup can be found here. Of course you need a Confluence license too.

I hope this is helpful :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events