Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow ticket submission via Slack without Adding Browse project permission

Sol July 6, 2022

I have a question regarding the Slack integration and I guess general config with regard to permission on the Cloud version of Jira Service Desk. 

Scenario: 

We have an internal Service desk where employees can submit tickets. I've enabled the Jira - Slack integration to allow users to submit tickets easily which requires using /jira create command, and then selecting the project and issue type before submitting the ticket. 

Issue: 

It seems this isn't exactly designed for Service desk setups since in order for users to see the project and submit tickets to it (have tested with a user and the project simply doesn't appear in the popup box in the slack app), the permission to Browse Projects needs to be enabled for the specific group of users (in this case jira-users). So it seems the options are either: 

1. Turn this permission on allowing them to submit through Slack but have all the tickets without a Security Level viewable if they were to go directly to the project. Not ideal since while these tickets are not sensitive in nature, ideally they would only be able to see the tickets they are a reporter or participant on. 

2. Same as above but create a second 'standard ticket' security level that includes all applicable agents and automates the security level assignment to all non-confidential tickets so that users can't see tickets that they are not the reporter on (configured in the security level itself). 

The problem I've come across is that it seems that participants are not an optional addition to security levels so at a loss as to how I can configure the desk appropriately. 

Ideally, I have the standard permissions for the project not allowing users to browse/view tickets, while enabling the Slack integration. If anyone has some insight or can explain where I've made a stupid mistake let me know. Many thanks! 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events