Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow customers to add Request Participants by mail (and by mail only) - is it currently possible?

Chris Fortmueller December 8, 2020

We want customers to be able to add Request Participants when they reply to an issue via email, by putting people in CC or the TO field in that email.

But we do not want customers to be able to add any Request Participants from the customer portal.

From what I see, we have three options to control how and whether customers can add Request Participants to an issue:

Capture.PNG

However, from after having tested, none of these permission settings seem to allow me to disable the sharing feature on the portal, while still allowing customers to add participants by mail.

Is this true? Am I missing something? Is there any way to disallow addition of request participants in the customer portal, but allow it by mail?

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2020

Hello @Chris Fortmueller,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

The field "Share" in the customer portal, as Jack mentioned, can't be disabled.

Also, since this is a system field, it's not possible to hide it from the issue view. 

When we allow customers to share tickets with other customers or organizations, they will be able to do it via email or portal and even if we remove this permission, the field will be visible anyway because it's a system and not a custom field. 

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

You can't disable the Share with link unless something has changed I'm unaware of. Here in a good post on this topic that does explore a workaround and references an open request to boot - Is-there-a-way-to-disable-quot-Share-quot-on-a-JSD-cloud-portal 

Chris Fortmueller December 8, 2020

Hi Jack. Unfortunately, the workaround in that post also disables the ability of our customers to add Participants to a Request via mail, which we do want them to be able to do.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events