Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents who are not customers are getting emails from "Request Created" notification

Chris Fortmueller January 14, 2021

In our Service Desk, some of our agents sometimes choose to raise requests via email, rather than within JIRA.

This Service Desk project is configured according to following screenshot to send email notifications when a request is created:

Untitled.pngOur agents are not listed in Channels & People => Customers:

Capture.PNG

To my understanding, this means that they (the agents who raise requests via mail) should not be getting any emails from the "Request Created" notification/event, since (see 1st screenshot above), that notification's "To"-field is configured to send this message to "Customers involved", and none of our agents are, as explained, listed under "Customers".

Yet, when an agent raises a request via mail, that agent does receive said email.

Why? And what can we do to fire off this email only to actual customers (if and when an actual customer raises a request via email)?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

actually the agents really should use this method to open an issue on the customers behalf but when they do they should enter the customers name in the "on behalf of". if they leave their name in there then they are the reporter and would get the email.

Well, the "To"-Field clearly specifies Customers involved, and as I said, our agents are not listed as customers.

If this is intended behaviour, then the wording is definitely wrong in the customers involved option.

Also,  we have many requests with valid use cases for agents raising requests via email. E.g., an agent gets an email from a customer, which leads to a request. It is easier and quicker for the agent to forward this email to our service desk (rather than having to manually create it in JIRA), which is what our agents often do in these cases (and putting the customer in CC to that mail).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

I get that it is confusing for sure. the issue is (i think) that if the agent leaves themself as the reporter then they will get the email. I just verified it happens for me whether I create using "Create" or "Raise a request". If the agent uses an email to create they should then update the ticket to specify the customer as reporter AND set the Request Type to ensure the customer is then informed on updates.

Finally, i'm not the expert here and you may wish to discuss w/ Atlassian Support.

Yes, I also just verified that it also happens when I use the create button in the Service Desk Project. I'll see if Support can help, as you suggest. Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events