Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents unable to assign approver

Scott Kowalczyk May 25, 2021

Our agents are unable to select an approver for service request that require an approval.  They see a message that only agents can add approvers, which they are, but do not have have the ability to select an approver.   Is there a setting that needs to be activated to allow them to select an approver? 

approver.PNGauthorize.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2021

Hi @Scott Kowalczyk ,

Please check under the project settings > Permissions if the user who wants to add approvers have the following permissions:

- service project agent

- edit issues

You can use Permission helper (the button in the right).

Do you use company-managed or team-managed project?

Kate

0 votes
Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2021

I came across either this exact situation or very similar one in the Atlassian University training. It is essentially a security issue. However it could be in multiple areas. They could be missing a view users permission, or a workflow permission or even a global permission.

I know it's not what you want to hear but my suggestion is to take the free security related courses and just play around until you get it figured out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events