Agent cannot mention customer in JSM issue

Emanuel Boder March 8, 2021

As an Agent and Administrator of a JSM project, I cannot mention (@) a customer who is not the reporter of the issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hello @Emanuel Boder ,

That is how it currently is - you can only mention reporter or other agents. 

This is a feature I would also find useful in Jira Service Management and there is a feature request for this created here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1476

There is also an Atlassian update from 1st of March in the ticket, so you can fill in the form and give some feedback.

Regards,
Adam

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

yes. it would be nice if you could mention a customer that is on the RP list. I would not want to see the ability to mention any customer not on RP list. That is, I feel like being on either the Reporter or RP should be a prerequisite for customer mentions.

Emanuel Boder March 8, 2021

So there really is no possibility to get the attention of another customer in a JSM issue? What about the possibility of adding another customer to watch an issue or comment in it?

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2021

Hello @Emanuel Boder ,

As Jack mentioned, you can use Request Participant field. See the documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/adding-request-participants-939926441.html

That way the person gets notified, it works the same as a watcher basically. Req. participant can also comment on the issue.

Adam

Emanuel Boder March 9, 2021

Ok , I added a customer as a Request Participant and now I can mention them. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events