Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age old question: 2 service desks only 1 public?

jfischer November 29, 2022

I know this has been asked several times in the past, however I still cannot discern a clear answer. Either that or the answers I have found don't apply to the current state of JSM. 

I have a service desk in which customers can sign up for an account on their own and fill out a request. I do not want this public. 

I want to open a second service desk that is public where an account/sign-up is not needed.

This doesn't seem possible as the setting for making the portal public is a global one and not a project level setting. Either that or I am not understanding how to accomplish this.

I did think about a completely new cloud instance, but that's less than ideal.

Can anyone offer me insight?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @jfischer 

You are correct, the portal for JSM is a combined portal of all JSM projects you have created in your instance. There's no out-of-the-box option to make requests from one project public, but not another.

You might be able to accomplish this with Refined for Jira which lets you customize the access for different 'sites' within JSM, I'm not sure it will let you have one public and one not though. I don't know if adding an add-on is more ideal for you than spinning up a second cloud site, but if your license count is 10 or under the app is free.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events