Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After using move function issue description disappears for project customer

Ivo Šimral May 12, 2021

Hello everyone,

we are having a problem with missing issue description when function move is used. Meaning that it happens if we move issue to different project and even with issue type change in same project.

When we are moving issue to different project customer is in both.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

That would suggest that the target project/issue type does not have the description on screen and/or enabled in the field configuration.

Ivo Šimral May 21, 2021

Everything is the same. It happens even in new project where I didn't change anything. I am still looking for some solution but I can't find anything.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Ok, we need to try a simple test - go into both source and target projects (in different tabs or windows) and create a new issue in there.  Does the description field show the same in both (not necessarily in the same field order, but the field name, description and editor box)? 

If you create the issue and put the same description in both (it can be a simple description like just "this is a test"), does it display in the same place when you view each issue in full?

Now test the move from old project to new with the test issue you just created - does the description still get cleared out?

Ivo Šimral June 3, 2021

Thank you for reply.

After some testing we found out that it has simple "solution". When we move issue, as I described before, we need to change request type in issue panel and select same request type. Somehow description reappears and it works.

That's all we know for now.

Like Mitali Gore likes this
estheria May 18, 2022

I’m facing the same issue. Can you be more explicit on the solution?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events