After changing mail address of admin, i dont have access to admin area

Lokale IT _zfm Bonn_ November 29, 2021

After changing the mail address of organization admin, i dont have access to admin area anymore.

I tried to set the mail address to the previous mail address, but the connection to the administrator role is gone.

How can i get access to the administration area again? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2021

Hello @Lokale IT _zfm Bonn_,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, I can see that there is one site administrator. The last activity of the account was 6 days ago.

The domain of the account is the same as yours, so you need to work with your IT department to get access to the email inbox so you can reset the Atlassian account password.

Once you have access to the email account, go to https://id.atlassian.com/login and reset the password, follow the instructions of the email you will receive on the admin’s email account and once you can access the Atlassian account on https://id.atlassian.com/login, you will also be able to access admin.atlassian.com.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Lokale IT _zfm Bonn_ November 30, 2021

Hi Angelica, thank you for you reply. But i am the IT department, the only one person..

I cant reset the password of the old email address, because the site wants to create a new account with this email address. It doesnt recognize it.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Lokale IT _zfm Bonn_,

I’m not sure I understood correctly because the Atlassian account of the site-admin is active and should have access to admin.atlassian.com.

Are you able to access the inbox of the admin’s email address? 

What site wants to create a new account? 

Have you tested accessing admin.atlassian.com (with the admin account) using incognito mode?

The only way to give you access to the administration area is by proving that you own the domain, that the account is yours. 

If you can access the email, then you can reach out to our customer advocates or support team on support.atlassian.com/contact using the account or reply to the notification using the site admin account to prove that the account is yours. Since the account you are using here in Community is not the main billing or technical contact, it’s not possible to give admin privileges unless you prove the admin account is yours.

Lokale IT _zfm Bonn_ November 30, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz

sorry for my poor description.

If i login with my new email address at admin.atlassian.com (incognito mode), i get the question about creating a new organization.

If i try to login with my old email a...m..@..exec...de, i have to register for logging in.

It's kinda weird to lose all priviliges after i  just changed my email. Additional to that i can't login with my technical contact mail.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
December 1, 2021

Hi @Lokale IT _zfm Bonn_,

I see that you created a ticket with our customer advocates regarding this issue.

The email address you added to the description is not the site-admin one. The correct email address would be a.mxxxxxxxxxi@zxx-bxxx.dx. If you are trying to access Jira using the email you mentioned on the ticket, it’s expected what you are facing because that email is not listed as a user on the Jira site.

If you have access to the email I mentioned, please, try to access Jira again.

Like Lokale IT _zfm Bonn_ likes this
Lokale IT _zfm Bonn_ December 1, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz

thank you, that's it. Did not know about this old email address.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events