cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator missing in the Customers list

Hannes January 21, 2020

Hey,

in the Customers is this note:

Everyone with an account on this Jira instance is a customer.

Every User I have in the project is listed there beside one user. His role is just 'administrator'.  

• Why is this guy missing in the customer list?
  • Why is it possible for this guy to raise requests?

Thanks a lot for helping understanding this! :)

In addition:

When I click on the Customer Permissions there is this option selected:

Customers who have an account on this Jira site

• What is  the 'Jira site'? Is this the 'Jira instance'?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hello @Hannes 

From this link you can read about different roles, i've taken this quote from link: "Customers are users submitting requests in Jira Service Desk who are free and unlimited. They are essentially any user in Jira Service Desk who is not an agent. For example, you can add a Jira Software to any Jira Service Desk project as a customer. A user who has no application access is also considered a customer." 

This means that since the administrator got an account in the jira instance, he is also allowed to raise requests. If you want to limit the people who can raise request you need to change the settings in customer permission to be project specific. You don't need to add him in the customer list, since he got an account he is still considered a customer even though he's not in the list.

And the "Jira site" is the Jira instance as you may have guessed. I hope that solves your issue.

Best regards,

Alexander

Evan Bovie April 24, 2020

This doesn't jive with my Cloud instance which is configured for "Anyone with an account on https://[instancename].atlassian.net". I've got a user in the `site-admin` group that sent an email request, but their email was rejected with "Signup is not currently available". In fact, all users in the `site-admin` group are absent from the Customer list.

Any ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events