Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding the Organizations as one of the conditions on the new rules feature.

Julio Banegas June 8, 2020

I am trying to send an email alert to our agents when a specific customer as created a Critical or Major issue. I have done this on the old automation but it does not send an email it just adds a comment to the request.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2020

Hello Julio,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using the automation to alert agents, they should receive a notification, unless they have disabled notifications for mentions. 

If the automation only adds a comment without mentioning anyone, then they would only receive a notification if they are watching the issue.

The option that Hernan mentioned is a great workaround for this case because you can send an email to a group, role, or specific agents.

Please, go to Project settings > Project automation (Classic project) or Project settings > Apps > Project automation (Next-gen project) and create an automation rule like the one below:

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 11.44.09.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Julio Banegas February 3, 2021

This works, Thank you !!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2020

Hello @Julio Banegas why not use the latest automation addition? It's should be pretty straightforward there. Nevertheless I would suggest you have a special queue for those requests. An agent should be focused on the queues rather than checking their emails to see if something new has happened in Jira 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events