Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding review date to Service Request with Approvals issue type

James Bylett December 8, 2022

I'm in the process of configuring a JSM project to act as an IT support ticketing system, and am looking to implement a simple system access request flow as part of this. I'm using the Service Request with Approvals issue type so I can have a simple form that asks requires users to select an approver on the form in the portal for their request and trigger an email to get the approval signed off, however we get a lot of these such requests which require periodic review after implementation, to see if they're still required or can be revoked.

Is there any way for an admin/service desk team member to add a review date to a ticket so it can be resolved, but trigger a reminder on the review date? I was able to find a due date field that can be added to portal forms, but this isn't what I'm looking for as I would want the admin dealing with the ticket to be able to set the review date, not rely on the user raising it to guess at that

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

You can do this with automation. Create a scheduled rule that looks for the review date and compare it to today's date, and if its within a specified time frame either reopen the request or send a notification. 

I have a similar set up to review approved suppliers, and we are using an SLA that is set when the request is approved and once the SLA is about to expire I have an automation that adds a comment to the request. 

James Bylett December 12, 2022

Ah so you're using an SLA as the time frame for review? How does that work long term? For example I might have a request to grant access to a folder, and then i'll review it every 3 months to see if it's still required, and it might be that on the first review the access can be removed and the ticket archived, or I might have to defer it several times before the case is closed

Edit: Think I've sussed it, found where to add a custom field and created an automation rule as per your suggestion, thanks!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events