Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding product access to a group does not add the users to the default group

jkeir May 10, 2021

I have given product access to a group, but the users are not added to the default group.  While the users can sign in to Jira Service Management, so they are getting some access, they can't use the "at" functionality to mention someone, using "@".

Is this to be expected?

Thanks,
Jennifer

2 answers

0 votes
jkeir May 10, 2021

Thank you.  You've got the scenario correct.  But if I look at a group and click on Edit Group's Access, the Product access page that opens has a What you Need to Know box that says: When a user is granted access to a product, they will be added to the products default access group.  But the users in the group are not added to the default access group. 

I will look into the permissions.  Thanks for that suggestion

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Can you explain a little better what you mean here or exactly what you have done? It seems like you’ve created a group and added members to that group and you have referenced that group in one of your projects given them browse and other access rights. Is that the case? I would recommend that you check your permissions to ensure that they are set up in accordance to what you were trying to accomplish. Meaning that desired users have the ability to mention someone.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events