cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding multiple values to Insight Custom Field

Nenad Micic May 30, 2022

Hi all, 

Hope you are all doing fine!

I am trying to create automation that will populate IQL result in Insight Custom Field

Use-case:

So we have object "Department" and object "Software License". In object "Department" we have attribute "Default License" that is reference on "Software License".

When ticket is create, department will be picked. and what i want to do, is based on Department to populate Custom Field that will have scope for "Software License" object 

object having inboundReferences(Department ="Department 1") (example) 

or 

object HAVING inboundReferences("Name" = "Department 1", referenceType IN (Reference))

Will give back all "Software License" object that are inbound referenced to "Department" object. 

Question is, how can create automation that will add result of that IQL to Insight Custom Filed. Even if i cant add it the way i imagine, i would like to know how can add multiple values to insight custom field at once 

I know i can always create Custom Field that will present Department and in configuration make to show only "default software" attributes but that way you will always see department and you will have to click on details in order to see attributes. 

Please be free to suggest any idea if you have regarding automation or how can i present Default Software License

Thank you all upfront,
Nenad

2 answers

2 votes
Nenad Micic May 31, 2022

Just quick update:

You can edit multiple values in Asset Management Custom field with simple

"Name = ("Confluence", "Adobe", "Jira Software")"
where 'Name' is 'Attribute'
and 'Confluence' is Value for that atribute in an object you want to add

Of course custome field need to be set so that requested value is searchable.

Now i have to create if/else automation until i figure out(or some of you help me: how to provide list of values based on reference.

Best Regards
Nenad

0 votes
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2022

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you want a Insight field "Software License" that in the field options only will show licenses connected to the object selected in the Department field?

In that case you would set up the custom field configuration for the "Software License" field in this way:

Filter scope: objecttype="Software License"

Fiter issue scope: object having inR(Key IN (${Departmentfield}))

Nenad Micic June 6, 2022

Hi Bjorn,

first let me thank you for taking your time to help :)

I am looking to create way to auto-populate custom field with the result your filter issue scope would return 

in practical way, it should serve as an guide for default license user would need in on-boarding process.

So when ticket is create and in that time department is chosen, in one of the transition new ticket should be create and custom field should be populated with "License" objects with inbound ref to that department.

I created automation with IF/Else and in case we add additional department or change default license i need to update automation as well, and i want to avoid that if its possible

Hope i explained it :D

Please let me know in case additional info is required

Best Regards,
Nenad

Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2022

Hi

In that case you should be able to use a similar query in a Global automation rule.

Use the action Lookup Objects to find your objects with the query below:

objectType=License AND object having inR(Key IN ({{issue.Departmentfield}}))

Then in Edit fields action you can use {{lookupObjects}} as a smart value to set the found objects from the lookup.

Like Nenad Micic likes this
Nenad Micic June 21, 2022

sorry for the late response and thank you for answering.

Il test this and let you know the results :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events