Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding field of request types for my customer view

Nokrashy September 3, 2023

Hello all,

I'm already an admin in the project and I added a new requests type and I called it "Complaint Type"

But the view for me as admin is different than what appears to the customer.
I need the customer to see the column of "Complaint Type"

As attached below:
-1st screenshot from My view of issues (admin View)
Admin view.jpg
- 2nd screenshot from the customer view of issues (Customer View)
Customer view.jpg
Thanks for supporting me at this issue 

Best Regards
Nokrashy

4 answers

4 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elitsa Velikova September 12, 2023

Hi @Nokrashy ,

If you are open to use an add-on, you can have a look at the one my team has created: Advanced Portal Reports.

It will allow you to show any custom field on the Customer view in the portal and it also provides your customers (portal users) with a table report where they can see, search, filter and export all their Jira Service Management tickets, including many additional details (incl. SLAs, custom fields, etc.), with a very simple UI. If it sounds helpful you can try it free for 30 days.

Greetings,

Elitsa

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esteban Diaz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2023

Hi @Nokrashy 

Unfortunately this is a Jira limitation... there is only a list of system fields available to show on the portal side

Take a look at this article: Customize the columns in your customers' requests list

customer columns2.png

These are the only available fields you can choose to show in your Customer portal

customer columns3.png

Maybe  possible solution is to use an app like this one: My Requests Extension for Jira Service Management

Cheers, 

Esteban Diaz
https://www.linkedin.com/in/estebandiaz/ 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2023

Hi @Nokrashy ,

Custom fields are not available to display in this table. You have to use some apps from the Atlassian Marketplace which allows you to present a different, customizable table with requests.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esteban Diaz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2023

Hi @Nokrashy , 

From the portal side... the Customers can manage the columns they want to see but there are some limitations on the available fields they can choose.

customer columns.png

But from the Agent side... you can choose any custom field you want to show as columns.

Cheers!

Esteban Diaz
https://www.linkedin.com/in/estebandiaz/ 

Nokrashy September 4, 2023

Unfortunately, I already tried this way
But the custom field didn't appears to me
any other idea!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD