Adding a new section on right hand panel

Mike Button August 4, 2022

I am trying to customize my right hand panel under Issue View. Under the main context fields I know I can add in SLA, and there is a tab for Details and even More Fields, but how can I customize a new section. Grouping a bunch of common fields within that new panel.

I am currently under Request Type -> Issue View ->Context Fields but don't see how I can add more. I do see SLA's, common fields and then the Hidden when Empty. Love to have something similar to SLA's where it is a different panel on right side menu.

TIA

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

You cannot add new sections in the issue view for Jira or JSM. Is that what you are asking to do?

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

@Mike Button -

I agreed with what @Jack Brickey has mentioned.  It is not possible to add new sections.  Please provide more details on what you need, may be there are other ways.  However adding new section cannot be done.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Mike Button August 4, 2022

On the right-hand panel, it looks like this:

SLA

- Field 1

- Field 2

Details

-Assigned

-Organization

- Field 3

- Field blah

etc...

More Fields

- Field 1

- Field 2

etc....

I have 4 fields that i wanted grouped together in a panel between Details and More fields, it wanted it named its own section. I know I can group them together in Details or even create a TAB under the main section with General, investigation, etc... but was hoping for more flexibility on the right-hand side. hope that is clear as mud.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events