Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add to my JIRA Service Management space that the automatic reply is not sent by the project

Juldor Jessel Carreño Salcedo January 6, 2022

I need to add to my JIRA Service Management space that the automatic reply is not sent by the project owner when receiving a request, but add a different email, maybe someone can help me, please?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hey @Juldor Jessel Carreño Salcedo 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !!

Can you please explain a bit on what you are trying to achieve in JSM ?

Is there an automation configured for automatic reply which is already sending mails ?

If you could elaborate more we can help you.

Regards,

Vishwas

Juldor Jessel Carreño Salcedo January 10, 2022

Hi,Vishwas, thank for answering

Of course, There is an automation set up for the auto reply that is already sending mails, When customers create requests on the portal or send an email to the email channel, the support project sends a confirmation that the request has been received. Currently the owner of the project is the one who makes said comment. 

Is there a way to change who makes the comment?

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Juldor Jessel Carreño Salcedo 

Yes we can in automation for jira, but I would like to understand the rule. How it is setup if possible send a screenshot.

And one more question is it "legacy automation" ?

Regards,

Vishwas

Juldor Jessel Carreño Salcedo January 10, 2022

Yes, it's legacy automation.

adjunt the evidence:

The configured rule is called "Rule for new tickets"

Captura.PNG

It's the rule with your configuration

Captura2.PNG

But, who makes the comment is someone elseCaptura3.PNG

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2022

Since it's a Legacy automation the actor of the automation rule will be the project lead or "user who triggered the rule". 

Automation_Legacy_change_Rule_Trigger_User.png

Check if it works, or else we may have to convert this legacy automation to "Automation for Jira" Rule there we have flexibility to change to a different user or a generic user like "Automation for Jira".

Regards,

Vishwas  

Juldor Jessel Carreño Salcedo January 12, 2022

Hi Vishwar, I hope you find it well 

Effectively, It's configured as your mention. But, i need a generic user who executes the rule. neccesary to convert this legacy automation to "Automation for Jira". How could we do it.Captura4.PNG

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2022

I'm good, hope you are doing good !!

Generic user like "Automation for Jira" user would be ideal.

Sure i can definitely assist you to convert the rule, if you could please translate it English and send it.

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events