Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add specific customers to 2 different projects on one portal

Jonathan Mayer November 19, 2020

Here's an example - I have 100 customers in project ABCD.  I create a new project and it's now WXYZ.

I want Jsmith and Bsmith to access Both projects within their customer portal (They see both ABCD and WXYZ and can choose which one they want to submit a issue) while the rest of the 98 users only see ABCD.  The problem I'm having is, I add Jsmith and Bsmith to the project but now they only see one unless I do a "Merge with Atlassian Account".

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

help?

1 answer

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Hi @Jonathan Mayer 

Are JSmith and BSmith both Atlassian users, or just customers?

I think that's where my confusion is - I'm not sure how to tell between the 2.  Technically our "customers" are all internal employees requesting help from our IT department.

To clarify - I only want those specific users to have portal access to those projects.  Meaning they can submit issues under either.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Do your employees need access to Jira for anything other than logging tickets?

In our business we use Jira for our IT and Customer Support (CS) teams, so our CS agents can log an IT ticket as a customer but use Jira as an agent for CS purposes.  Our other teams, not on Jira, are only customers.

If they're just customers and do not need any Jira access then you may be overpaying for licences

If you go to Project Settings > People - do the people in question have more than one role?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events