Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Portal Group" field to Request Type

alvatros December 9, 2021

We have created three Portal Groups. Some Requests appear in more than 1 Group.

We want to add a Portal Group field to the Agent view, but I couldn't find a field for that. Adding the Portal Group would also allow us to produce reports by Group.

I can solve that by duplicating Request types for each group, which doesn't seem optimal.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

Hi @alvatros,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The portal group is not stored anywhere, they are just there to help you organize your requests (I asked the product team, because I have a use case where the portal group would be helpful). So in your case you could use components instead, you could then have the customer select the right component instead of having to duplicate the request forms. 

Thank you @Mikael Sandberg , that could work but it would add a step for the client. Could there be a way to auto-populate the Component field depending on the Group selected by the client?

Like Jonas Fuhl likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

Unfortunately not, since the is no way of finding out which group the request is coming from. 

Understood. Thank you.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders