Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on to easily send Microsoft Teams invitations to reporter?

Jason Freeman October 31, 2020

All of our agents use Teams.

Is there a simple add-on that will allow our agents to easily send a Teams invite to the reporter of an issue?

I'm envisioning having a little "Teams Invite" icon beside the reporter's name in Jira. The agent clicks it, and it either automatically sends a Teams invite to the reporter or at least opens Teams where the "to" field is already filled with the reporter's email address.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2020

Hi @Jason Freeman

I've tried to search a little bit and it seems to me there is no such solution.

There are applications, which enable sending various notifications to Teams, but not the invitations.

0 votes
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2020

Generally speaking, you need an URL with msteams://XXXX where XXXX is the composite part described in the Create deep links to content and features in Microsoft Teams article.

Note that while JSD portal support linking in general (you can insert https:// or mailto: into the field description), it won't support specialized like msteams:// You may need to use 3rd solutions (eg. plugins which provide scripting or special custom fields), which can display free-form HTML so you can insert the link as

<a href="msteams://blah-blah-blah">Click here to start conversation</a>
Jason Freeman October 31, 2020

We are not trying to insert links. We are trying to make it easy for agents to contact customers via Teams.

Diane Griffin September 29, 2022

Hi,  I'm new to Jira and I was looking to see if my Agents can contact our customers who use teams.  I know they can chat within our company teams but can they chat with the customer (reporter).  

Patrick Schüßler _yasoon_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Diane Griffin ,

welcome :-) I work for yasoon, an app vendor in the Atlassian Ecosystem. This post is a little old, but since your question is directly referring to the main use case of yasoon's app, I wanted to recommend it: Microsoft 365 for Jira - Outlook Email, Teams, Calendar | Atlassian Marketplace
With this solution we offer the possibility for agents to start a Teams chats with customers within the support ticket. It's also possible to start a chat with external users, but for this there are a few requirements which you should have in mind: Microsoft Teams: Start a chat in Jira (yasoon.com)
In addition, Customers can raise support tickets via the customer portal directly in Microsoft Teams.

Let me know, if you have any further questions. 

Happy Friday and all the best, 

Patrick

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events