Add more than just 1 email in the "email confirmation to" field

Puspacinantya November 3, 2021

Hello,

I am Puspa and I am new to JIRA Service Management. I noticed that there's this box that will notify that the ticket is created by them/any progress will be notified to the said email. 

Screenshot 2021-11-04 110643.png

My question is, is it possible to have 2 or more email filled in this, so that 2 or more people will get progress on the status of the ticket?

Thank you

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2021

Hello @Puspacinantya,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When letting the portal open for customers to create tickets without logging in, the “Email confirmation to” field will be the same as the Reporter field.

On a ticket, it’s possible to select only one reporter. With this said, it will not be possible to add more than one email address on the “Email confirmation to”.

A ticket can be shared with someone else after it has been created, but in this case, it will require the customer to log in to the portal to access the ticket or you, as an agent or admin to access the ticket via the portal and use the “+ Share” field or, if the account already exists on the site, you can just add them using the Request Participants field in Jira:

Portal:

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 17.16.56.png

Agent view:

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 17.21.02.png

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

​​Kind regards,
Angélica

Ben December 14, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

Is there any way to switch off or hide the field "email confirmation to" completely?

The background to my question is that we want to conduct anonymous customer surveys on a Jira Service Management instance (cloud). That's why we have a portal that allows anonymous access. With this field it is not possible to carry out anonymous surveys.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2021

Hello @Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

When the portal is open for anyone, the field will automatically appear, it’s not a normal custom field that can be removed from the screen, so it will not be possible to disable it.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and also watch it to receive updates from our product managers.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events