Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add email support as different project?

Shashi Matha August 21, 2020

Hi, I wanted to check with the community on what is the best practice they have used. If you have both email support and raising request on the portal, have you tied both to the same project or kept them as different projects? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

We tend to keep them in the same project - it's the same team having to deal with the incoming requests, and it's best for a team to be working out of a single project.

Thanks it makes sense. The only issue is when we have some mandatory fields in the intake page but when we receive emails how do we map them?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

Requests raised by email have to be mapped on to a request type.  I usually set up a dedicated request type for incoming email, one which has no mandatory fields (then hide it from the UI users). 

I quite like the politeness of customising the "thanks, we've got your request" email with a line that says "we may need more information before we can proceed, we'll let you know if we do", then your people know to expect questions so your agents can flesh out the fields that would usually be mandatory.

Like Shashi Matha likes this

good suggestion! thank you!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2020

No problem, but please do not assume this is the "right" answer.

It is, for a lot of people, but it does not fit every case universally.  I think you already are doing what I want to recommend - go talk to the people who use your system.

As a consultant, I could write/talk a ton of stuff about best practice with a lot of software from many vendors.   I am biased towards Atlassian stuff of course, it's my main field of expertise, but I still come back to the basic guideline - "best practice" is really "what works best for your people"

Totally, I have specific needs for my situation here but wanted to bounce off ideas. 

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events