Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a button in a ticket to move a ticket to a queue.

Dave Gunn October 20, 2020

Hi everyone

I'm trying to add a button in to our change/CAB tickets that lets you move the ticket to a queue.  The queue being 'wishlist'.

I've been into workflow and tried 'adding transition' and such but I've gotten stuck.  I feel I'm agonisingly close.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Looks like I've got it, Dirk.  A button has appeared.

Things may need fine-tuning but the main goal is achieved

Thanks for the prompt answers.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2020

You’re welcome. Care to elaborate what was the issue why you couldn’t create the transition initially?

Was my answer complete enough to fix it?

Dave Gunn October 21, 2020

It's hard to give a precise answer but I knew I needed to be in or around workflows and simply became stuck.  I think I figured out a transition needed creating from trial and error and you lit the way with the suggestion of creating a status.

0 votes

Hi Dirk

Thanks for your quick answers. Does this screenshot help?
I have added it as a transition.
I need my wishlist queue to be there as a final(?) destination basically. This possibly harks back to your number 5 in the original answer.

destination.PNG

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2020

Hmm, i only see the transition you are trying to make. Did you also make a status?

when you are on the workflows menu itself and open the specific workflow you should first see the option to edit the workflow.

On that screen you have the "add status" option. I'm guesisng you clicked the add transition option now.

I would suggest to first add a status "wishlist" and then add the transtion towards that new status.

The name you give your transition will then show up as the button text.

Thanks again.  But why no 'wishlist' as a choice?  See screenshot.  I added as a status.

Transition to wishlist.PNG

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2020

Can you show me the status? Cause I don't see it on the screenshot(s), just the transition

Wishlist.PNG

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2020

Allright so it is there.

Do you also see it on the diagram? Then you should just be able to drag from the corners of the status to another one or click on it directly and tell which transition it needs.

image.png

when i then drag from the "dots" on the side of the step towards another one my transition screen immediatly opens with the correct transition.

image.png

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2020

Hi @Dave Gunn

well a Queue is nothing more than (crudely said) a named/filtered view on your tickets. So you'll have to define what the filter on that Queue would be.

It could be a status being "Wishlist" as you are trying to do or a different "category" custom field.

If you want to use a button, a state transition seems the most logical.

So:

1. add a state to your workflow
  2. add a transition from the other states to that new "wishlist" state
  3. give that transition a name
  4. publish that workflow
  5. (and of couse make a queue that has a JQL of project = xx and status = "wishlist")

Where exactly are you getting stuck?

Hi Dirk

I'm in workflows and were do I go to add a state?  Maybe I'm missing the obvious.

I can see how to add transitions and name them and I remember how to publish the workflow.

Thanks

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2020

HI @Dave Gunn

Are you in text or diagram mode? Diagram is always the easiest for me :)

First you click edit in the top right corner above the diagram and then you should see this in the top left corner:

image.png

In TEXT mode it is at the bottom:

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events