Access Level Controls

Pavan Kumar Tatavarti March 17, 2022

We should get clarify that, whether do we have control point like should not view the request by other client which is not pertaining to them. Please refer the below examples of issues in access levels. Could you please check and advise on priority with solution. 

• Genpact can access all
  • Business can access only those requests for their business
  • Provider can access only those requests for their action
  • Business user and approver should not have Jira admin access
  • Auto routing for business approval and provider action

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Start with a run through https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/customize-jira-service-management-permissions/

The one point I'd pull out separately is that Jira Admin rights have nothing to do with other permissions.  There's one or more groups that get Jira admin rights, and you put your admins into those groups.  I strongly recommend not using those groups for any project permissions.

Pavan Kumar Tatavarti March 17, 2022

I am handling three different vendors in my process and they don't want to disclose their data with other vendor. So they were requested that do we have any that kind of controls which we can provide them to mitigate these issues in production. 

I am investigating thoroughly on this access level controls and how to provide and what types of accesses need to give to others as a admin to run our operations smoothly without having this kind of issues in future.  

Please guide me asap. 

Thanks, 

Pavan Tatavarti. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events