Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About iterative processing in automation

青山 明 January 26, 2022

Is there a definition in the Jira Service Management (Cloud) automation rules that iterates up to arbitrary conditions? There is a conditional expression, but it seems that there is no iterative processing.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

I am unaware of any such support. What exactly is your goal?

青山 明 January 26, 2022

I want to create a process that loops in the process of automation.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

You can create multiple rules where one would trigger the other.

青山 明 January 26, 2022

Thank you for your reply. Is there any sample or example somewhere?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2022

I don't know of any specific example. Below is the rule setting that allow a rule to be triggered by another rule. If you could detail your goal maybe I could assist further.

A3E1C6F7-8B7C-4720-B123-6A8B0498BBF8.jpeg

青山 明 January 26, 2022

Thank you for your reply. I understand the settings on the side that receives the trigger, but what happens to the other trigger?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2022

I don't understand your question. Let me try to give a theoretical (but stupid) example...

rule 1

• trigger - issue created
  • condition - type = improvement
  • action - transition issue to "in progress"
  • action - edit issue "loop count limit" incremented +1

rule 2

• trigger - issue transitioned
  • condition - field condition "loop count limit" < 10
  • action - create issue of type improvement

both rules have the "allow other rule actions..." checkbox enabled

Now if I recall there are automation loop safe guards that could prevent the above but I have not validated this. 

Again, without understanding what you're trying to achieve the above example may be totally useless. I just don't have enough information to give you sound device in my opinion.

青山 明 January 26, 2022

Thank you for your reply. It seems that the reply will solve the problem. One thing to check is that "loop count limit" is a custom field, isn't it?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2022

Yes, just as an example safe guard.

青山 明 January 27, 2022

I implemented the method that taught me, It violates the loop limit (10 times). It also references custom fields during looping, There is a problem that it cannot be counted up because the value cannot be retained during processing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events