Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

API to retrieve requests raised by a group of users Edited

Ted I'm New Here Jul 06, 2021

Hi there,

I am currently on a project for our onboarding. For now, I need to retrieve requests raised by a group of users (or maybe just one user) from our Jira service desk. 

Also, I want to retrieve requests against requesttype ID. 

I have a detailed look on Jira API documentation but could not find a way to achieve the task I mentioned above. 

Thanks in advance.

Ted

1 answer

1 accepted

The easiest way to do this is first create the search filters that get what you want:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/search-for-and-filter-issues/

Then use those filter's IDs with the Get Filter API request to get those issues.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-filters/#api-rest-api-3-filter-id-get

Although usually, the Filter Subscription feature can do what you want here too.

Ted I'm New Here Jul 09, 2021

Thanks Alex.

I have successfully obtained the data I need from requesttype value.

I tried the "filter way" but seems I need an auth token (I am not the admin on portal yet)

Thanks for your advice!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

138 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you