Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

A customer sent a request and our company had changed the issue type

One of my company customers raised a request via the service desk portal as a generic support request.

We received the ticket, acknowledged and changed the issue type from the "generic" one to the "new feature" one.

Afterwards, the customer is not able anymore to see his ticket description.

Is there a procedure to follow to update the issue type?

Or, is there a procedure to suggest to the client to solve his issue?

Thank you in advance

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey Community Leader Nov 25, 2022

Please verify that the "request type" is set.

Hi Jack 

The customer has set the request type as a generic support request and the issue type on our end was set up accordingly. Once I updated the issue type, the request type didn't update accordingly and the customer lost the possibility to see their ticket description 

0 votes
Answer accepted

@Francesco Pili -

Changing a "issue type" is different then changing a "request type".  A request type is based on an issue type, it is what you would configure as a form which exposed to in the Portal UI.

Just as what @Jack Brickey suggested, the request type must be set correctly, only then your customer will be able to see it via the Portal UI.  In addition, your customer may also need to click on "show details" to see his/her issue description because sometime it will be auto-collapse.

2022-11-26_15-31-33.png

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi Joseph,

As I replied above, the request and the issue types are congruent. Afterwards my update, the customer lost the possibility to reach his ticket description.

Regards 

@Francesco Pili -

Was the Request Type configured for the "new feature" issue type in your JSM project? It will have to be available as a Request Type visible to customers via the Portal UI.

Furthermore, what do you mean by "reach his ticket description"?  Are you saying that he no longer have access to the ticket that he created via the portal initially?

Best, Joseph

The customer set the request type as a generic support request (eg ask a question). On our system it was reported accordingly, so issue type was generic support request.

I changed the issue type in new feature.

After that, the customer cannot see the ticket description, but he's still able to read the comments.

What I would like to know is how he can see the description again.

If I come back to him saying "update the request type as a new feature" , does it solve the problem?

@Francesco Pili -

If the customer can still see the his/her issues via the portal UI, then ask them to click on the "Show details" option to see their original issue description.  

Best, Joseph

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin let me add some screenshots that will help to understand it further.

This is how the ticket appears on our end. Issue type is new feature, and request type is now empty:

image.png

If I follow the link in our ticket to see the ticket raised at the service desk side (customer omitted)

image.png

And the show detail is not there:
image.png

For all the other issues, that button is available. It disappeared once the issue type got updated

image.png

Now my question is: If the customer will update the request type with Suggest an Improvement

image.png

Will he be able to see his ticket description?

Thank you in advance

@Francesco Pili -

Question for you - Is "Suggest Improvement" Request Type associated with the "New Feature" issue type in your JSM project?

If so, you will need to update the request type for the problem OCS ticket.  Customer is not able to change the request type of an issue once it is created via the portal UI.

Best, Joseph

yes, it's associated. 

I just updated it, and now the details are visible again on the servicedesk portal.

Thank you for you precious support :) 

kind regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events