Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A customer can approve his own application ! How can this be prevented ?

Michaël Monserrat September 28, 2020

Hello,

We want to implement approval on a WF.

Currently, we let the client select the approver from the client list.

I noticed that the client could select himself and approve his own application!

Is it possible to prevent this?

Thank you, in advance, for your advice.

Best regards.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

yes I think this is an issue. if your client is both an approver and a requestor and you allow them to pick from the available approvers then their name is in the list too. You might be able to use Automation to test for self-approved and transition back to the approval status and issue comment saying "no no no...you can't self-approve".

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

Good idea to use Automation, i didn't think about it!

Michaël Monserrat September 29, 2020

I had thought of this solution, but it seemed so obvious to me to prevent this type of action that I think Jira SD would handle it natively. I was hoping I'd missed a setting...

I confirm that it works correctly with Automation.

image.png

Thanks again for your suggestions.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2020

Hello @Michaël Monserrat 

If you are using a user picker (single choice) you can limit wich user will be available.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-a-custom-field-861253383.html#ConfiguringaCustomField-userfilteringUserFiltering

You can filter by group or project role

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events