Hi. I need help with the following 3 questions.
1. Is it possible to have a test environment for MULTIPLE people? If so, how?
2. Is it possible to take our current Jira environment and migrate it to a ''new'' one
3. Say we want to completely start over, can we archive our old tickets and data?
Thanks in advance.
Hi @Kirsten Pronk ,
Lemme give this a shot:
1) Absolutely, you can either register for a new (free) environment, take a backup of your current environment and restore it to the new one. You'll have too many users so that's an issue but you can manually remove them from the backup file.
However, if you wish to have a proper test environment you'll have to move up to a Premium plan.
A premium plan comes with a Sandbox option where you can copy your production environment to that system (with the same license (apps excluded but those can be added in free trial)
The users there can/and will need to be re-invited to sandbox environment.
2) I think 2 & 3 are related?
So how do you mean a new one exactly? A new url? A fresh environment? If this is moving to a new domain, you can either raise a ticket with support for this or register a new one and backup/restore your environment to that new one.
Archiving data depends on what you want to do with it afterwards. It might be the easiest to archive/decomission a project and start with a new project on the same environment. This way you can keep your archived tickets/data in the same system.
Otherwise you'll have to look at an export mechanism but what you do afterwards with the data depends on how you want to use it.
This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events