• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

2 JIRA service desk instances?

Jennifer I'm New Here Mar 23, 2021

Hi,

My company is currently on JIRA server v8.4.1 and JIRA Service Desk Application v4.4.1.

We may be moving back to the cloud at a later date.

Right now we use service desk for all our customers we have a support portal where the customers can raise questions and search our FAQ.

We have an upcoming project with another company. We would like to create a separate JIRA service desk environment for all incoming questions with the other company and customers of that other company.

Is it possible to have 2 separate JIRA service desks for our normal customers and customers of the other company?

Or is there a way to assign a specific ticket type to the customer based on the email of the customer? Of it the customer logins to their JIRA service desk account they have access to a separate set of issue types.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert Community Leader Mar 23, 2021

Hi @Jennifer , 

you can have separate portals in Jira Service Desk : you just need to create a new Jira Service Desk project and it will have its own URL and portal.

This way you can set permissions so that the other company only sees the Portal #2, and you current customers only see the Portal #1.

let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Jennifer I'm New Here Mar 23, 2021

Ah ok thank you!

Follow up question. The requirement from the customer is there there are going to be 2 types of issues.

1 - technical support for our software engineers -- bugs, time out issues, etc.

2 - general non-technical questions that the customer will escalate to us.

I notice there are 3 sets of Service Desk: Basic, Customer Service, IT Service Desk.

Would we still want to set 1 new service desk or create 2 to serve our 2 types of customer issues (e.g. Customer Service + IT Service Desk)?

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Mindville Insight is now part of Jira Service Management!

Hello Community! We’re excited to announce that Mindville Insight’s asset and configuration management capabilities will now be integrated into Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise plan...

600 views 9 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you