NOW AVAILABLE: Conversational ticketing in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community 👋

Today we’re excited to announce that seamless conversational ticketing is now available in Jira Service Management. Meet your team where they already work to capture requests and manage tickets directly from your conversations in Slack (Microsoft Teams coming soon).

Using the same Slack-native ticketing technology that powers Halp, Atlassian’s lightweight conversational help desk offering, you will now be able to sync Jira Service Management service projects with Slack to seamlessly:

• Capture Jira Service Management requests directly in Slack 

• Bi-directionally send and receive internal comments and public replies between Slack messages and Jira Service Management

• Edit ticket fields and transition tickets from your Slack conversations

Our new Jira Service Management chat offering is currently available to any paid Cloud users. Check out our documentation to learn how to set it up for your projects!

35 comments

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2022

Great! If this eventually can get partnered with the new Percept.ai acquisition this will be fun :)

Looking forward to the Teams version! (any ballpark guestimate about that @Molly Bronstein or will we keep it at "soon" :))

Like • # people like this
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2022

That´s a great news!

David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2022

Hi @[deleted]

I cannot find the "Chat" entry in my Service Project Settings, on my JSM Premium (apwide.atlassian.net).
Is it already available to all or still in deployment?

Cheers,

David

Like • Mar Liñan likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2022

@Molly Bronstein do we have an estimated time for the same in teams?

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

@David Berclaz -- give it a refresh! It was in deployment when you tried. 

Like • David Berclaz likes this
Ariana DeJesus April 8, 2022

I found and setup the chat feature for one of our projects, but was using it with a test channel to demo how it works. After getting a better understanding of it, I removed the app and created a new channel to add it to. I then went to change the triage channel for the request type in Project Settings and when I added a second Request Type and refreshed the page the entire Chat settings disappeared

Can you assist in getting this back for our project? I checked other projects in our service desk and the option is completely gone from them as well. The Slack Request and Triage channels are still working with creating and triaging for the original Request Type, but I can't manage any settings for Chat in Project Settings.. Please help! 

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 10.25.43 AM.png

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

@Ariana DeJesus -- can you try refreshing now? 

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2022

@Patricia Francezi @Dirk Ronsmans -- we don't have an exact date for Teams at this time but it is on our roadmap to kick off development in the next 2 quarters (most likely sooner)

Ariana DeJesus April 8, 2022

@Jensen Fleming it's back, thank you so much!

Another question came to mind while I was waiting for the fix: Is there a way to set notifications for the reply threads of each ticket in the triage channel?

Our team is looking to use this feature for triage only, and we connected the Request Channel to our existing channel, which has been linked to slack receive updates, and we rely on these notifications when customers reply to tickets. If we were to swap to viewing tickets and notifications in the Triage channel instead of the existing one, we'd need the ability to receive notifications whenever there's a response on a ticket. I didn't see any clear way to do that but let me know if this is something we can do.

Thanks again!

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2022

Hey @Ariana DeJesus -- I'm not fully following the use case. Are you saying that you want to be pinged for all messages in the threads of the triage channel? You can do that via your slack channel notification settings. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 2.05.14 PM.png

Ray Tran May 9, 2022

is there a cost involved? Sorry if I've missed it somewhere in the conversation.

Jayne Langlais May 9, 2022

Can we have it also integrated with Mattermost?

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2022

@Ray Tran -- it's included in all Paid Cloud JSM Projects. No extra cost :) 

Like • Ray Tran likes this
Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2022

@Jayne Langlais -- we have no plans to integrate with Mattermost at this time, but feel free to create a feature request here and we can track interest. 

Quentin MICHARD May 9, 2022

Excellent news !

Any room in the roadmap for Google Chat ?

Daniel Cabaco May 9, 2022

what is the definition of 'soon available for ms teams'...? can you get more concrete? weeks? month? Years?

Like • admin likes this
Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2022

@Quentin MICHARD -- No plans for Google Chat at this time, but feel free to create a feature request here and we can track interest. 

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2022

Hey @Daniel Cabaco -- were scoping the work out right now, hope to have an update in the next 3-4 weeks. Our goal is to ship JSM Chat for MS Teams by EOY at the latest, but most likely much sooner. You can track the progress of the feature here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-11261 

Daniel Longfellow May 10, 2022

As an early adopter of Halp as a JSM integration, should we be looking to fully transition over to conversational ticketing or will the Halp dashboard/recipes be gradually phased out and migrated automatically? I'm particularly interested in addressing an issue we've always experienced whereby tickets created in Slack, and subsequent comments in Slack, generate large volumes of email rather than Jira supressing those email notifications automatically because it's being dealt with in Slack.

John Terrence May 11, 2022

Great product! Love it as it fits our company's use of slack for primary communication. I've been using for help desk ticketing, and we are now looking at possibly integrating this into our HR request process. It leads me to the question on how to make this work:

Can two projects both be connected to the Slack Workspace? I'm guessing this is not possible, but I don't want to break my current setup trying this. 

Is there a suggested / supported method to allow for two different departments to utilize the conversational ticketing available through Slack and have this flow to different queues with different agents? Our HR team and their issues will have no overlap with IT at all but having the same system to submit requests would be great.

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2022

Great news!

Like • Jensen Fleming likes this
Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2022

Hey @Daniel Longfellow -- JSM Chat (Conversational ticketing) is 100% powered by Halp, so all settings you have in Halp currently will reflect in JSM Chat, there is no migration/transition required, if you log into Chat in JSM, you will see your current project's Halp setup (Assuming you have opted into the new integration experience and connected your queues to projects). 

As for the issue you experience with email notifications, we (Halp/JSM Chat) unfortunately don't have control over that and it's a JSM setting. You could fully suppress email notifications if you wanted to use slack 100%. I personally mute emails from Jira via Gmail. If you want to submit a feature request to have better email notification settings, you can do so here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2022

Hey @John Terrence -- glad to hear you love it and want to connect more projects! You can connect as many projects to JSM Chat as you would like. There is no issue having multiple, we will direct you to make a new triage channel and tickets will be 100% separate. Just navigate to your HR Project -> Channels -> Chat, log in and follow the prompts.

Like • Mike Freeman likes this
Ray Tran May 11, 2022

I have a question but I'm not sure if this is the proper channel. We have just evaluated Halp early this year and we seem to have a conflict with licensing since the evaluation license is expired. What is the proper process to proceed with Chat instead of Halp?

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2022

@Ray Tran -- If you go through the Chat setup, it should direct you through the steps to resolve having a previous account. If you run into an error screen that you cannot work through, you can reach out to the support team, and they can provide you with additional steps to resolve :) 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events