Join our Jan 19th webinar on working at lightning speed w/the new forms in Jira Service Management

Have you tried the new form builder in Jira Service Management?

My name is Pete Preston and I’m a Product Marketing Manager on the Jira Service Management team and the former marketing manager for ProForma, the the form builder Marketplace app acquired by Atlassian in April of last year.

Whether or not you’ve use the new form builder, please join me on January 19th for an all-new Jira Service Management Lightning Talk, “Moving at lightning speed with the new forms experience.Click here to register now.

This episode of our Lightning Talk series is all about the new forms features coming to your instance and how you can use this new functionality to turbo-charge Jira Service Management for your teams and customers.

In this fourth installment of the Lightning Talk series, we’ll cover:

• Where to find the new form builder in Jira Service Management
  • How to use the new form builder and its 325+ templates
  • Which teams are making the most of these new features (hint: it’s not only IT teams)
  • Building forms from scratch, including conditional logic and validation
  • Other resources to help you and your teams deliver value fast

Register for the Lightning Talk

We want your questions! Have questions about the new Jira Service Management forms experience? Comment below and we'll do our best to answer them during the webinar on the 19th.

(Questions we don’t get to will be answered here in community after the webinar)

4 comments

Even though I registered, there was no confirmation for date and time.     It seems like one registers for the series, not the specific Talk (?).    Anyway, digging in the FAQ, it seems like this is the time of the live event/s:

Sessions will broadcast twice with live chat at globally friendly times before moving to on-demand.

• Broadcast 1: 10:00am PT/ 7:00pm CET
  • Broadcast 2: 10:00am AEDT/ 3:00pm PT
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

@Peter Preston ,

First let me state that this was one of the best presentations on new functionality that I've seen in a long time. Your ability to present the the capabilities of this functionality we're really top-notch. So thanks for that!

Secondly, I am impressed by this new capability and excited about how I might be able to take advantage of it. I have already started playing. ;-) City is Sanford thing

It will take some time for me to consume this and take full advantage of it I expect. While it seems quite straightforward to create new forms and put them into use I think the complexity comes in when do I use them versus custom fields in the way I'm doing business today.

Finally you mention that the Community is the place for all of us to interact and learn more. As a long time contributor to the Community I couldn't agree more. Has any thought gone into how to gather all of the relevant discussions in the community to ensure interested parties can easily stay current and interact. Maybe there should be a Forms Group or Collection or dedicated tags or all of the above.

Like Peter Preston likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Thank you, @Jack Brickey - I really appreciate your feedback.

It's an exciting new feature set that we're confident is going to help a lot of people. And yes, it goes beyond being just another form builder. There's a lot to think about and we plan to work on more in-depth use cases to help spark the creative process around workflows, etc., that incorporate forms and more.

A Forms Group is a good idea. The forms use cases will share a tag "jsm-forms-uc" and can be linked to:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/jsm-forms-uc/tg-p

I plan to be active here as we release more content and features around forms. Sharing use cases, questions, answers, and more openly in the Community is the best way I can think of to get everyone up to speed on it. Thank you for being so active and helpful in here!

Like Simon H likes this
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2022

@Jack Brickey I like the forms group idea as well. @Peter Preston and I will both be diving on forms, portal and validation related questions. It's very exciting for both of us to have come across from ThinkTilt (who created ProForma) and to now see forms shipping to everyone in JSM.

Like Peter Preston likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events